Stress is a big problem for many people. It can cause you to be irritable, lose sleep, and ruin relationships with friends and family members. The good news is that there are many groundbreaking methods for combating stress in this modern age. CBD for stress relief has quickly risen in users as it has shown to have potential. For the curious ones, taking CBD for stress may be a scary and uncertain leap to take, especially with all the stigma surrounding it. This article will give you all the information you need to take your perfect dose of CBD and enjoy all the stress relief properties it may provide!
Table of Contents
- Effectivity of CBD on Stress
- CBD Proper Dosage for Stress Relief
- CBD for stress relief Usage:
- CBD Side Effects:
- CBD Dosage for Stress Relief: More or Less?
- Recommended Dosage? Ideas?
- Best Practices When Taking CBD For Stress
- What does the label say about CBD for stress relief?
- CBD for Stress Relief Safety:
Effectivity of CBD on Stress
CBD for stress relief has shown to be a probable treatment for people who are suffering from chronic or acute levels of stress. The effects it has on the nervous system create a relaxing and painless effect that makes you feel more at ease with yourself, your surroundings, and life in general. This relaxation and state of tranquility is a trait common not just of CBD for stress relief, but for cannabis as a whole. CBD has emerged as one of the most exciting and practical ways to apply the chemical compound.
Stress vs Anxiety vs PTSD
There is frequent confusion regarding the difference between stress, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). While they all share some similarities due to their connection with mental health disorders, many differences make them not exactly comparable. The most obvious difference between these three conditions is time; PTSD occurs after a traumatic experience while anxiety can come on for no reason at all (and often does).
Stress is the most general and basic of the three; it is what we experience daily as well as what we use to describe our feelings about certain situations. Stress can both cause and be caused by PTSD and anxiety so it is important to curb your stress levels and keep them low. CBD for stress relief may be an excellent method of doing just that.
CBD For Stress Relief
CBD for stress relief is a potent method because of CBD’s ability to alter the communication of the nervous system. In other words, it changes how we feel which is paramount in stress management and reduction
Evidence and Studies
With the restrictions for CBD, and marijuana in general, getting eased, CBD for stress relief has undergone multiple tests and studies to determine its efficacy and safety. It is especially true in the medical field where cannabidiol has its most potential. The studies conducted so far have been heavily in support of CBD for stress relief.
In a study conducted of CBD users, those who used it for stress, anxiety, and sleep reported that cannabidiol be overwhelmingly successful. The relaxation effect of CBD for stress relief was the main contributing factor that allows users to cool down when they feel stressed for whatever reasons.
A study of chronic anxiety and unpredictable stress found that systemic administration of CBD may have prevented the increase of both anxiety and stress.
A separate study on CBD for stress relief had evidence pointing towards it being effective at managing the stress of the ailment. The study found that cannabidiol has a potential calming effect on the central nervous system, which is a major player in your body’s stress response.
CBD Proper Dosage for Stress Relief
Using CBD for stress relief shouldn’t be taken lightly—one needs to follow the proper dosage. The problem is, the proper dosage of CBD for stress relief differs for each individual. As such, you must inform yourself of how to get your perfect dosage and have only the best experience using cannabidiol.
Dosage is everything when it comes to CBD for stress relief. Because of the differences in body chemistry, various factors come into play with getting the right dosage. For the average adult, researchers suggest that 300mg is suitable for stress and anxiety as per a clinical study conducted. Here are the different factors that you need to consider to find your proper CBD for stress relief dosage:
Type of CBD Product – Different CBD products can have different dosage levels. This is because some of them contain more cannabidiol than others and the concentration varies widely from one product to another. There are three types:
- Full-spectrum CBD for stress relief – Includes CBD and other cannabinoids, but still maintains the <0.3% THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD for stress relief – Contains CBD and other cannabinoids, and slightly more trace amounts of THC.
- Isolates – Only contain pure CBD.
Bioavailability may seem like a complicated topic, but it essentially just means how much of the CBD is absorbed into your bloodstream. The different types of CBD for stress relief applications have different levels of bioavailability. Inhalation has the most bioavailability, with upwards of 50% of the CBD being absorbed, while topical creams have the lowest with even less than 1 percent. Research the bioavailability of your product and use that to determine your CBD for stress relief dosage.
Of course, your body type will also play a part in finding your proper CBD for stress relief dosage. The effectiveness of CBD takes into consideration the biochemistry of your body. It’s just a fact of life that some people feel the effects of CBD for stress relief stronger than others. Aside from this, the potency of cannabinoids depends on other factors such as your weight, age, etc., as these all affect how your body functions.
CBD for stress relief Usage:
For first-timers and long-time users alike, here are just some reminders:
Should you ride the CBD hype train? For the first-time users who want to experience CBD for stress, it’s best to do your research—and more research. Though CBD products are easily available in stores, you still have to be mindful of what you put in your body every single time.
Does CBD build tolerance over time? CBD, luckily, does not bind with CB1 receptors the way it binds with THC. So, for those asking, optimizing the potentials of CBD for stress relief can be achieved throughout time! It is also to be noted that you build tolerance with THC.
Current Conditions – Prevailing medical conditions also play a major part in your CBD for stress relief recommended dosage. For example, an organ deficiency in your body would alter its biochemistry and change the way it reacts to cannabinoids. As such, you may need to consult your doctor on how you should proceed. Subsequently, the severity of your conditions and stress will also warrant a change in your CBD for stress relief dosage. Depending on how bad it is, you may want to take a stronger dose to help you manage in the meantime.
Other Medications – Lastly, your current medications can also affect how much CBD you need to take. For example, some drugs may interfere with the metabolism of cannabinoids in your body and change their concentration levels. This is yet another reason why you must talk to your doctor about how CBD for stress relief affects you before starting a regimen. In particularly harsh cases, CBD can have an adverse effect if the prior medication in your system is incompatible with the product. It is highly recommended that you do not jump into CBD for stress relief blind if you take other medications.
CBD Side Effects:
CBD for stress relief is safe thanks to the fact that CBD has very minimal side effects. The most common temporary symptoms are:
- dry mouth, fatigue
- lightheadedness, and
Can you take too much? The short answer is—yes. Technically, you can take too much of everything if you are reckless with your consumption/administration. It is especially true for things that alter your body’s current state such as CBD for stress relief.
How do I avoid CBD Overdose? The key to most consumables in life is to take them in moderation. Again, start your CBD journey small and build up your familiarity with it first. Luckily, it would be difficult to overdose on cannabidiol if you pay attention to it.
What’s my CBD limit? Experts have found that even high amounts of CBD ranging from 600 – 1,500 mg per day were safe. Albeit, if you are a beginner, you should be taking nowhere near that amount.
CBD Dosage for Stress Relief: More or Less?
CBD for stress relief costs can accumulate quite high, especially if you use the product daily. Subsequently, many people wonder if a daily high dosage of CBD for stress relief is sustainable or even worth the price. On the other hand, a low dose may put off users who think that it would not do enough for them. Luckily, countless studies have been done on this for general anxiety which shares much in common with stress. The studies will be discussed in this section.
- Lower Dosage: In a study conducted on anxiety and sleep, researchers found a rapid decrease in anxiety among participants in the study. This study is pertinent because the doses administered were significantly lower than the reported norm in clinical literature. Previous tests utilized a dosage of around 300 to 600 mg daily. However, in this test, they administered doses in the 25 to 175 mg daily range. The lower dose administered was found to have an adequate response all while being more cost-friendly. It can be applied to CBD for stress relief in that it proves lower doses can still provide beneficial effects at an adequate level. The authors of this study believed that higher doses may be too unrealistic for the average person as the cost would be too high to maintain daily.
- Higher Doses: While a study found that a high daily dose of 600 mg was found to have a positive behavioral effect, it is not required to have success with the product. A higher dose would result in stronger effects and benefits. However, another study found that it is more important to find the accurate and right dose for you. The researchers administered doses of 150 mg, 300 mg, and 600 mg. Surprisingly, the 300mg dose was found to be most successful at lowering the participants’ anxiety levels, while the 150 mg and 600 mg doses did not. What this highlight is the highly variable nature of CBD for stress relief and that higher doses are not exactly better.
- Verdict: The studies discussed just further prove the point that there is no single dose that will work for everyone. It is very much a case-to-case basis and the responsiveness of the CBD depends on many factors. Start low and build your way up until you find the perfect dose for you.
Recommended Dosage? Ideas?
Despite everything said, it may be understandable if you want an idea of where you should start your CBD for stress relief dosage journey. Again, it must be reiterated that everyone’s experience is different and that you should start with a low dose and work your way up to higher ones. These recommended dosages are merely an idea of what you should target and what has been tested as safe and viable CBD for stress relief. The following are recommended doses based on the findings of different studies.
- 25 to 75 mg: For individuals looking for a sort of “maintenance” stress reliever, a 25-50 mg dosage would be enough to achieve a noticeable result without being overly expensive or risky. A study reported that doses of 25 to 75 mg were sufficient and showed enough effect that it could be studied. Furthermore, this dosage of CBD for stress relief is what you want to take if you have trouble resting or getting sleep from all the stress you endured. This dosage range can be the safe starting point for beginners to test their body’s reception of CBD for stress relief.
- 30 to 50 mg: If you are suffering from any stress disorders such as PTSD, a study found that a daily 30 to 50 mg dose coupled with your regular psychiatric treatment can produce favorable results. This amount may seem trifling in comparison to the severity of the issues, but remember that CBD for stress relief is just meant to help you deal with it. This daily dose is perfect to help you get through the day and combat any stressors or triggers you may encounter.
- 300 to 600 mg: For more serious cases of anxiety, a dose of 300 to 600 mg is recommended as an effective dose for most users. Clinical literature often states 300 and 600 milligrams as their standard testing dosage. If you are preparing for a stressful activity that may give you anxiety such as a meeting or public speaking event, then you may want to try this dosage. Furthermore, you can safely aim for this amount of CBD for stress relief, especially if the lower doses were not giving you the significant effects you’re expecting.
- 600+ mg: While not exactly recommended, a study has found that a human can safely take up to 1,500 mg of CBD for stress relief daily. However, you may want to consider taking a tolerance break if this amount of CBD is required for you to feel the effects. Nevertheless, if the previous dosage ranges were not giving you the desired effects, you can certainly ramp up the dosage to above 600 mg, granted that you have the funds to sustain it.
Best Practices When Taking CBD For Stress
Now that you are familiar with how CBD for stress relief operates, you may be wondering how you should go about taking the compound into your body. There are many different ways to take CBD for stress relief supplements, and it would be best if you were informed of the best practices surrounding it. Stress affects people in many different ways, so it can be assured that CBD for stress relief will work differently for everyone as well.
Does taking CBD for stress relief depend on my stress levels?
Your current stress levels will play a part in how much CBD for stress relief you want to take. If you are feeling very stressed, you may feel an urge to take a large dosage regardless of whether you are ready for one. It is important to remember the previous sections and don’t be hasty when choosing your dose. If you feel a panic attack is incoming, maybe a quick break and some breathing exercises will help it subside. It may be difficult but do try to remain rational when considering CBD for stress relief.
CBD for Stress: Effects May Take Time.
You may want to avoid giving yourself even more stress while taking your CBD for stress relief. To do so, the process needs to go as cleanly and smoothly as possible. Take into consideration the absorption and bioavailability of the cannabinoids you are taking in. You will find yourself getting even more stressed and frustrated if your CBD for stress relief is not working as intended and helping you relax. Prepare your body for maximum effectiveness of CBD for stress relief by eating a full meal and staying clear from any other substances that may interfere with it.
Does CBD for Stress also work for everything?
Do your research. This is a very important step and one that can help you prevent feeling even more stressed than before. It will also keep your mind clear of any potential dangers involved with CBD for stress relief supplements. Due to the variability of CBD products and the uniqueness of everyone’s bodies and experiences, research is vital in maximizing the effect of the cannabinoid in your system. This article merely hopes to serve as a guide for you to follow and give you a rough idea of CBD for stress relief. Your own experience will be unique to yourself due to the many different factors revolving around it. Research your product, its bioavailability, potency, and administration instructions. Furthermore, you may want to consult a health professional for more advice on your body.
What does the label say about CBD for stress relief?
In conjunction with the previous point, a solid practice to adhere to is to always read the product label before administering CBD for stress relief.
- Heed the manufacturer’s instructions. The label should include the manufacturer’s professional instructions on how to properly take it as well as the details of the CBD for stress relief. It will inform you of the dosage as well as the potency of the contents. Doing this will help you avoid taking too much CBD and potentially putting yourself at harm through faulty practices. Remember, the manufacturers often know best about their products, so it would do you good to trust what they have to say about them.
- Check if it’s an FDA-approved CBD product. FDA-approved CBD for stress relief is presumably properly labeled. The health of the public is put at risk if CBD products aren’t properly tested. So, before any rollout in the market, CBD-derived products must undergo very strict scrutiny. Legal actions and monetary sanctions are given to companies who make fake claims and who mislabel their products. Knowing this, we can assume that the suggested dosage is safe. To add, there’s potential for CBD for stress relief, but this doesn’t technically mean it treats it.
CBD for Stress Relief Safety:
First and foremost, CBD for stress relief was found to be mostly safe by a clinical trial. In this particular study, the majority of the test participants found that cannabidiol helped with their mental exhaustion and burnout. However, 5 out of 120 respondents reported major adverse effects from the experience. It suggests that CBD for stress relief is not exactly perfectly compatible with everyone. It is for this reason that it is recommended to start with a small dose of CBD only to ascertain your body’s reaction to it. Overall, like most things, exercise caution when trying something new. Despite that, CBD for stress relief is safe for the average adult individual.
Reading about the very basics of CBD for stress relief is very important. And it’s even more commendable that you now take CBD dosage and CBD safety a priority. As you got all the basics on how you can incorporate CBD for stress relief in your routine and even the best practices on how to maximize its effects, you’re ready to take on what life throws at you. Keep your stress at bay!