The theoretical background is quite important when deciding on which product to choose to supply your daily healthcare routine with. If you are considering CBD as one of the worth-trying options, the preliminary research and clarifying all the questions you have is also essential.
In this article, we are going to take a closer look at the full-spectrum CBD oil specifics, tell you about the ways to produce them and choose reliable offers while taking possible risks, side effects, and contraindications into account.
Table of Contents
- What Is the Difference Between Isolate, Broad-Spectrum, and Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- What Is Full-Spectrum CBD
- Full-Spectrum CBD Extraction Methods
- Key Benefits of Full-Spectrum CBD
- How to Choose The Best Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- Risks, Side Effects, and Contraindications
- Summary – Is the Full-Spectrum CBD Oil the Right Choice for You?
- What does full-spectrum CBD oil mean?
- What is full-spectrum CBD oil?
- What is the difference between full-spectrum CBD and broad-spectrum?
- What color is full-spectrum CBD oil?
- How to use full-spectrum CBD?
- Is full-spectrum CBD oil illegal?
- Can full-spectrum CBD be THC-free?
- Can full-spectrum CBD show up on a drug test?
- How much full-spectrum CBD do I need?
- When to take full-spectrum CBD oil?
- Will full-spectrum CBD oil make you high?
- Will full-spectrum CBD oil help you sleep?
- Does full-spectrum CBD oil have side effects?
- Where to buy full-spectrum CBD oil?
What Is the Difference Between Isolate, Broad-Spectrum, and Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
Looking for the best CBD oil to help you with your health-boosting goals, you are likely to come across three basic types of CBD products. These are:
- CBD isolates
- Broad-spectrum CBD
- Full-spectrum CBD products
Let’s dwell on the specifics of each in more detail so that you can make a fully informed choice.
As the name suggests, CBD isolate stands for CBD only, in its pure form. There are no additional components in CBD isolates; they usually take the form of crystals or powder to make such products easier to consume. CBD isolates might be an option for those who don’t want to have THC in the compound of the products they use, as well as any other ingredients.
Despite the simplicity of the concept, the process of obtaining CBD isolates consists of many steps:
CBD isolates are considered to be the simplest option for CBD intake. In this case, the person consumes CBD only, and the potential effects and personal reactions of the body are more predictable. How does CBD feel like in this case? According to users’ reviews, it has no smell, no taste but still may be helpful with pain, anxiety management, and inflammation reduction.
However, broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD oils turn out to be more beneficial, according to numerous reviews shared by users so let’s take a look at their specifics as well.
Broad Spectrum CBD
Broad-spectrum CBD oil has a richer compound compared to CBD isolates. Broad-spectrum CBD products are also powered by additional hemp-derived ingredients such as terpenes and flavonoids, but they still don’t contain THC (however, may contain their traces so you are better to check the lab test results if you want to consume THC-free products only).
As for the broad-spectrum CBD production process, it turns to be the subproduct of the full-spectrum CBD oil. To come up with a broad spectrum CBD oil, one needs to process a full-spectrum CBD with the help of liquid chromatography to remove THC components from the final product’s compound.
What Is Full-Spectrum CBD
The essence of the full-spectrum CBD is also quite understandable because of its name. What does full-spectrum CBD oil mean? These are CBD products that contain the full range of hemp-gifted ingredients, such as cannabidiols, flavonoids, terpenes, fatty acids, carrier oils like MCT oil plus no more than 0,3% of THC.
The full-spectrum CBD oil turns out to be the most value-promising option compared to CBD isolates and broad-spectrum CBD products since it organically combines all the potentially beneficial properties of hemp and allows for preserving them in the final product. According to the research, full-spectrum CBD oil has a more prominent and effective influence on the Endocannabinoid system since it combines the effects of CBD and THC within one solution.
However, there is one more concern that unites these three types of CBD products. Is CBD addictive in each of the cases? Let’s think logically.
- CBD isolate can’t be additive since the addiction-developing component is totally removed from the product’s content.
- Broad-spectrum CBD products are non-addictive as well since THC is also removed from them. Even if there are some THC traces, their amount is so small that it is unable to cause addiction or promise “high” effects.
- Full-spectrum CBD products are also believed to be low-toxic and non-addictive in the case there is no more than 0,3% THC in their compound. What’s more, the legal status of the full-spectrum CBD products (which are legal in most of the US states) also points out the sufficient level of their trustworthiness.
Feel like new to the world of CBD? Start your journey by getting the ultimate answers to the top-asked questions about CBD, its benefits, effects, legal status, and the recent research results in our CBD 101 Guide!
Full-Spectrum CBD Extraction Methods
Even despite the fact that the full-spectrum CBD is believed to be the most effective option of CBD intake, the way of its extraction and production matters. To help you choose the best full-spectrum CBD oil, below we review some of the CBD extraction methods that are used across the industry, and their differences.
- Solvent. This method involves the use of ethanol, propane, or butane to produce a CBD extract. This is the very first, oldest, and least secure method of full-spectrum CBD production, since the final CBD extract may contain potentially hazardous residues of solvents. Sometimes, olive oil is also used as a solvent (by those who want to extract CBD at home).
- Cold press. This is the most organic but at the same time the most expensive method of obtaining CBD extract. To obtain it, nothing is used except for the raw materials, as well as a special device that grinds plants, and puts pressure on the crushed particles until the plant releases natural oils. This method allows you to save 100% of the elements contained in the hemp, but at the moment it is rarely used due to the highest cost.
- Steam distillation. The steam distillation method can also be used to produce CBD at home. However, it turns out to be ineffective on an industrial scale, since it requires too many raw materials, and the final product turns out to be unreasonably expensive, although it retains all the positive features of hemp. The essence of the method is to obtain steam and then condense it back, separating the water from the oil extract.
- CO2. This is the most reliable, efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly method for CBD extraction since it does not require anything other than a special system to help extract the oil from the plant using carbon dioxide. It sounds simple enough, but in fact, it is a complex method that requires expensive three-chamber equipment, that is, the process of obtaining an oil concentrate takes place in three stages. However, this is almost the only method that allows manufacturers to preserve all the positive properties of the hemp, and which does not require the use of potentially hazardous solvents, that is, the CBD oils obtained by this method can be considered completely organic.
- Lipid extraction. The advantage of the method also lies in the possibility of preserving the positive properties of plants, and in the absence of alcohol, other chemical solvents, and thermal shock.
Need more insights that might be helpfull with CBD oil choice? Find out how to choose CBD oil step by step in our dedicated guide!
Key Benefits of Full-Spectrum CBD
What are the benefits of full-spectrum CBD oil? The main benefit of the full-spectrum CBD oil is the possibility to preserve all the natural properties of cannabis plants, including cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and THC in the allowed amount (up to 0,3%). Full-spectrum CBD oils may be used for the following purposes.
Common Full Spectrum CBD Use Cases
- Pain Relief. According to the research, full-spectrum CBD products are more effective for pain management and pain relief compared to CBD isolates. There is also scientific data suggesting that CBD as such is more effective for dealing with pain, including chronic pain and pain that’s difficult to manage with the help of painkillers, compared to other pain relief methods.
- Calmness. Full-spectrum CBD products are also believed to be effective for calming the nervous system if the agitated state is provoked by stress, social anxiety disorder, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and Tourette syndrome, as stated by the research.
- Sleep improvement. Using CBD for sleep and insomnia is one of the most popular use cases for full-spectrum CBD products. Plus, there is a lot of scientific research results stating that CBD may be quite helpful for dealing with sleep disturbances, such as rapid eye movement, nightmares, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder-provoked insomnia, and other sleep pattern violations. In this case, organic full-spectrum CBD oil might also be quite more effective compared to CBD isolates and broad-spectrum products since it allows for achieving complex influence on the nervous system because of the balanced compound of natural ingredients and THC.
Why Full-Spectrum CBD Oil?
Most CBD users choose organic full-spectrum CBD oil because of the following beneficial features.
- Rich composition. Organic full-spectrum CBD oil is the only option that allows for preserving all of the natural properties of the hemp in its original form. The combination of cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes that are naturally contained in the raw plant, and powered by THC in the allowed amount potentially allows you to obtain the health benefits that we described above.
- Sustainability. According to users’ reviews, full-spectrum CBD may promise not only a prominent but long-lasting effect. How long does CBD stay in your system? In the case of full-spectrum CBD, it stays longer compared to CBD isolates and broad-spectrum products allowing you to achieve the all-encompassing effect.
- Safe extraction method. CO2 extraction (the method we use at Unabis to create our top-notch CBD products) is one of the safest methods for CBD production since it doesn’t involve the usage of heating, pressure, and hazardous solvents. This method allows for decreasing the influence on raw materials but still extracting their beneficial components and preserving them in a natural and organic way.
How to Choose The Best Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
Full-spectrum CBD products are rightfully believed to be the most effective options for CBD consumption and dealing with some health disorders. However, the quality of the CBD oil, the transparency of its compound, and reliable CBD brand are essential factors in choosing full-spectrum CBD oils that will be right for you.
Pay attention to the following features before you buy full-spectrum CBD oil.
- The presence and availability of lab test results. The full-spectrum CBD products you are going to buy should be backed up by the independent lab test results. What’s more, these documents should be easily available and you should be able to check the results anytime. They will help you to find out whether the CBD oil you intend to buy is really full-spectrum. In this case, the lab test results will show the presence of cannabinoids and THC in the allowed amount. For example, you may find out the lab test results for Unabis CBD products in one click – they are provided for each product from our range.
- Organic composition. Also, pay attention to the composition of the product you are going to buy. It should be GMO, pesticides, conservant, and alcohol-free.
- CO2 extraction. As we have stated, this is the safe and eco-friendly way of CBD production that allows for preserving the beneficial properties of hemp. This is also the most price-quality balanced method of creating organic full-spectrum CBD oil at a reasonable cost. We, at Unabis, follow the best CO2 extraction practices exclusively to deliver natural and the best full-spectrum CBD oil to our customers.
- Transparent brand. Even despite the popularity of CBD on the self-care market, some customers still have concerns about their legal status, addictivity, manufacturing process, and the honesty of the reseller they want to buy from. Transparent branding, taking care of the online reputation, and easily-accessible customer support is important for distinguishing a transparent and honest CBD brand among others. We are well aware of the importance of these factors and compliance with them, so you may find out more about us, our value, and mission, as well as reach out to our support team for any help.
- Customer’s reviews. Before proceeding with the purchase, make sure to check customers’ reviews of the product you want to try. Pay attention to video reviews since they are more credible compared to written ones. You may also discover feedback from our customers on each of the product pages.
Feel like a full-spectrum CBD solution fits your needs? Discover our CBD oils range!
Risks, Side Effects, and Contraindications
Even despite all the potential benefits of full-spectrum CBD oil, the safe method for its production, high bioavailability, and the quick results it may promise, there are still some risks, side effects, and contraindications you should be aware of before getting started with CBD products intake.
The following health conditions put some users at risks so we kindly recommend getting advice from your healthcare professional if you still want to try CBD but have one of the conditions below:
- Recent organ transplantations surgery
The full-spectrum CBD oils and pregnancy can’t be considered a safe combination since there are too few research results dwelling on this topic. Still, the World Health Organization states that CBD usage doesn’t affect fetus development but we still suggest getting started with CBD after the end of the pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Asthma sufferers may also be in the risk group since the CBD may affect the brain receptors responsible for proper breathing rhythms, especially during sleep. The usage of the full-spectrum CBD oil and the organ transplantation post-surgery recovery medicines is incompatible.
Plus, there are some other medicines that aren’t recommended to be used along with the full-spectrum CBD oil. These are:
- Antidepressants and sedatives
- Some groups of antibiotics.
Ask your therapist about the opportunities of using CBD if you are treated with some of the medications above. Perhaps, some of the drugs may be replaced with safer and CBD-compatible options.
According to the CBD side effects research 2017, there can be the following side effects after CBD consumption.
- Change in appetite/weight
- No effect
However, according to the CBD users’ reviews, these side effects are quite rare to occur. But make sure to get started with the lowest dose possible to find out the reaction of your organism and increase it gradually until reaching the desired effect. You may also check our CBD oil dosage for sleep article which is full of actionable insights on how to find out the right dosage for you.
Summary – Is the Full-Spectrum CBD Oil the Right Choice for You?
Organic full-spectrum CBD oil is believed to be the most compound-rich and effect-promising option for CBD consumption, according to scientific research and users’ reviews. They might be quite effective for dealing with pain, stress and anxiety, insomnia, and other sleep violations. Full-spectrum CBD products may be good options for you as well if you are striving for the quick and long-lasting effect, plus don’t mind the allowed amount of THC in their compound.
However, make sure you are going to deal with a reliable and transparent brand that offers high-quality and lab-tested CBD products, is ready to help with the choice and other issues you may have, and takes your private data as seriously as your health. Unabis follows these practices with the aim of delivering top-notch full-spectrum CBD products you will be satisfied with!
Ready to get started with full-spectrum CBD products for a health boost? You are at the right place! Discover our top-notch CBD oils and gummies and let yourself get rid of pain, insomnia, and tension with our ultimate CBD solutions!
The full-spectrum CBD oil stands for the CBD oil that has all the hemp-derived ingredients in its compounds, such as cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, fatty acids, and up to 0,3% THC.
It is a CBD product that contains the full range of hemp-gifted ingredients, such as cannabidiols, flavonoids, terpenes, fatty acids, carrier oils like MCT oil plus no more than 0,3% of THC.
The only difference between these two CBD options is the presence of THC. Broad-spectrum CBD products are generally THC-free but may have THC-traces, while the full-spectrum CBD is the one that contains up to 0.3% THC in addition to other hemp-derived ingredients.
As a rule, full-spectrum CBD oil has a dark green color.
Reliable CBD manufacturers always provide instructions inside the package. Generally, you may use a few drops of CBD oil sublingually or add it to your meals and beverages.
CBD products containing no more than 0,3% THC are legal, according to the Farm Bill 2018. Full-spectrum CBD oils that meet this criterion are also considered to be legal across the US, however, each of the states has the right to set specific regulations for CBD productions, sales, and usage. CBD products are prohibited to use and deliver to Idaho, Wyoming, and South Dakota.
No, full-spectrum CBD oil can’t be THC-free since this is just the essence of the full-spectrum CBD products. They have all the hemp-powered components in their compound, and THC in the allowed amount is one of them.
Honestly, there is no drug test research that uses full-spectrum CBD oil for their clinical trials. Theoretically, it may show up, however, a lot depends on the amount of consumed CBD oil, its strength, and the time frame between CBD consumption and testing. However, there is research stating that pure CBD products (CBD isolates) usage is detectable on urinalysis after ingestion and inhalation within five hours of use.
Because of the rich compound of the full-spectrum CBD oil, you don’t need much to feel the effect. However, the right answer depends on the goal you pursue, the strength of CBD oil you are going to use, your weight, and your metabolism. You may find more insights into CBD oil dosage in our guide. In any case, make sure to get started from the lowest dosage, monitor your body’s response, and gradually increase the dosage until feeling the desired effect.
It depends on the goal you take CBD for. For example, if you use full-spectrum CBD oil for pain management, you may take it at the moment you feel painful sensations, or in even dosages, throughout the day if you need to manage chronic pain or pain that’s difficult to treat with the painkillers. The same rule applies to the usage of CBD for sleep and anxiety. You may take it during the day, before bedtime, or right after the stressful event.
No, it will never make you high since the amount of THC in its compound can’t be enough for a high effect.
Yes, according to numerous researches, full-spectrum CBD may be quite effective for dealing with sleep disorders, and insomnia. To achieve better effect from the full-spectrum CBD oil for sleep, make sure to follow additional healthy sleep rules which are described in our How to beat insomnia guide.
Full-spectrum CBD and any other forms of CBD products may have side effects, however, they are quite rare. The most common CBD side effects reported include drowsiness, changes in weight and appetite, fatigue, or no effect.
If it’s legal in your state, you can buy full-spectrum CBD oil in local health food stores or online. However, before making a purchase, make sure that the product is indeed full-spectrum by checking the product’s third-party laboratory test results.